- NO LIFEGUARD IN ATTENDANCE
- NO RUNNING, JUMPING OR DIVING
- CCTV IN OPERATION
- CHILDREN UNDER 16 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A RESPONSIBLE ADULT AT ALL TIMES
- CHILDREN UNDER 4 MUST WEAR A SWIMMING NAPPY
- NO INFLATABLES, TOYS AND BALLS (except for children’s floatation aids)
- YOUNG ADULTS 16-18 MAY BE UNSUPERVISED BUT ARE NOT TO BE RESONSIBLE FOR UNDER 16’S
SAFETY POINTS: This pool does not have a lifeguard on duty; therefore, it is imperative that you act responsibly and ensure the safety of you and your party. Please remember that common sense, courtesy and consideration for other pool and leisure users will enable all members to enjoy these facilities. The pool area is covered by CCTV to allow monitoring of pool use and behaviour. The pool is designed for leisure use and those abusing this rule will be asked to leave. Whilst using the facility at Swallow Tree, guests accept responsibility for their state of health and physical condition. The pool is fitted with an alarm system; in case of emergency, press the button on the wall to sound the alarm. If in any doubt, also inform reception in person.
SUPERVISING CHILDREN: As there is no lifeguard on duty, Swallow Tree has a Health and Safety obligation to refuse entry to unsupervised children under 16 years:
- Children under 16 MUST BE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES
- Minimum supervision ratio is 1 adult per 2 children under 5, or 3 children under 16. If any member of the party is a weak or non-swimmer, they must be supervised 1:1 by a competent adult.
- Young Adults 16-18 may use the facilities unsupervised, but under 18’s may not supervise those children under the age of 16. Consideration for others will be insisted upon.
- Small children under the age of 4, must wear a swim nappy; these are available for purchase from reception if required. If there is an ‘accident’, please ensure you inform the reception staff immediately as the pool will need to be evacuated. If you change a nappy please ensure you wash hands thoroughly before entering the pool.
LOCKERS AND PERSONAL BELONGINGS: Lockers are available in the changing rooms and a £1 coin is required to operate. Personal possessions are left at your own risk.
POOL: Please read and observe the notices displayed in the pool area. Maximum depth 1.6m deep end. Guests use the facilities at their own risk. Diving and jumping in can cause injury to you and swimmers in the water and are totally forbidden. Please do not allow children to run along the edge of the pool. Although the pool surround is tiled with safety tiles, these can become slippery when wet. Please do not enter the pool after a heavy meal or drinking alcohol. Except for children's floatation aids, inflatable play rings and balls are not permitted. No food or drink is to be consumed in the pool area. No glass items, except spectacles will be allowed poolside, likewise electrical items.
SAUNA AND STEAM ROOM: Please take note of the user guides in the leisure complex prior to using both the steam room and sauna, particularly those in vulnerable categories. In the interests of hygiene, please shower prior to and after using these facilities. These facilities are inclusive and appropriate attire must be worn at all times.
HYGIENE: Please shower before using the pool facilities. No outdoor shoes to be worn in the Pool Hall. Where any member of the family group has suffered from diarrhoea and vomiting, the whole group must not use the pool for 2 weeks after the last symptoms